Welcome University of Minnesota Employees
The tools and resources available on this site are intended to help as you prepare to select a Medica health plan that is right for you and your family members.
Health and Benefit Fairs
Open enrollment is Nov. 1-30, 2016. To learn more about the plans available to you, visit Medica at one of the upcoming Health and Benefits Fairs:
• Nov. 1– Crookston campus, Bede Ballroom, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Nov. 3 – Duluth campus, Student Center, Kirby Ballroom, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Nov. 9 – Morris campus, Student Center, Oyate Hall, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Nov. 15 – St. Paul campus, Student Center, NorthStar Ballroom, 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
• Nov. 16 – Minneapolis campus, Coffman Memorial Union, Great Hall, 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
The schedule for the Rochester campus health and benefit fair is coming soon.
Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Plan and Network Options
New in 2017 - you now have more networks to choose from as part of the ACO plan. In an ACO, Medica and the provider network work together to deliver a new level of service: seamless healthcare, coverage, information and support.
The ACO networks are:
• Crookston area: Altru & You with Medica (new in 2017)
• Duluth area and parts of northeastern Minnesota: Essentia ChoiceCare with Medica (new in
• Rochester area: Medica with Mayo Clinic Health System (new in 2017)
• Twin Cities metro area: Fairview and North Memorial Vantage with Medica, Inspiration Health
by HealthEast with Medica, Park Nicollet First with Medica and Ridgeview Community
NetworkTM powered by Medica.
If you and your family already see providers at Altru, Essentia, Fairview, HealthEast, Mayo Clinic Health System, North Memorial, Park Nicollet, or Ridgeview – or one of their independent partner providers – if you find the “extras” in care and service support valuable – or if you simply want to save money, an ACO option might be right for you.
» Learn more about the ACO plan options.